Wednesday, August 20, 2008

iPhone 3G Class Action Lawsuit

[via Ars]
Smith and the class, assuming the suit is approved as a class-action, ask that Apple be ordered to repair or replace all Defective iPhone 3Gs. Additionally, she asks that the company be required to pay unspecified damages, pre- and post-judgment interest on monetary relief, and attorney's fees.
I hate lawsuits like this, against Apple or not. They are frivolous and a waste of money and time. I bet this woman could get a replacement phone if she contacted Apple and reported her problems. We know the phone is under warranty. I don't know if she has or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if she just thought this would be an easy way to get some extra cash. And yes, I know lots of people are having problems with 3G, but there are other ways to try and resolve these issues besides a lawsuit.
She alleges that she and all members of the class have sustained monetary and economic injuries due to the purchase of the Defective iPhone 3G
Seriously? Monetary and economic injuries? I'm so baffled I'm speechless. Does it suck when your phone doesn't work? Yes. I've had problems of my own. Guess what I've done? I've driven to my nearest Apple Store (or called AppleCare) and done something about it. I don't see why people are so quick to jump to a lawsuit.

Next thing you know someone is going to sue a phone maker because they got hit by a car while texting. Yeah, because that's the phone manufacturers fault.

No comments: